Sunday, June 8, 2014

Crafty Bottle Chandelier, Caught My Eye No. 30

Caught My Eye  is a series of blog posts showing scenes I found interesting, odd, curious or beautiful. I am artistic and therefore an observer but I am not a photographer by any description. So if you expect top quality photography I'm afraid you will be disappointed.  But please do enjoy a snap shot glimpse of the world through my creative eyes. 


recycled bottle chandelier, Tullamore Dew Centre
I love any crafts that involve recycling. This chandelier in the tasting room of the Tullamore Dew visitors centre really caught my eye for the clever re-purposing of old whiskey bottles. It reminds me of a lamp my very talented Mum once made out of a milk bottle. 

On a not too dissimilar vein, the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin boasts a very unusual, industrial chandelier in one of its private function rooms. It's a little hard to see in the website photos, but above the table is a huge light fixture made from original pipes and fittings of the building. I'm afraid I don't have a photo of my own (though I worked there for several years) but the chandelier is re-purposed, industrial chic at its best.

***


No comments:

Post a Comment