Monday, August 5, 2013

Alhambra, Granada, A Visual Feast

I'm a week back from my trip to Spain, to the coast of Communidad de Valencia, and down to Granada in Andalucia. Hence the lack of blog posts this month. I normally share images from Ireland that inspire me but I found plenty visual stimulation while away too!
part of Generalife, La Alhambra
 The world heritage site, Alhambra of Granada took my breath away. As well as a site of immense cultural importance, it is a veritable visual feast for any kind of artist or lover of art. Here are some of my more passable shots, all of which are my own photos.
Tiling detail
Alcazaba fortress, oldest part of the complex


floor of a quiet courtyard
 The artistic detail in the Moorish palaces is stunning. The intricate ceilings are of particular merit. Even the floors in some of the peaceful courtyards are highly decorated. 
Patio of the Lions
Portico, Patio of the Lions
In contrast the European style of the Palace of Carlos V is much less opulent yet remains aesthetically beautiful in its simpler style and clean lines.


Words cannot describe the beauty of the Alhambra complex nor can my amateur photos. It has to be seen to be truly appreciated. A must for the ol' bucket list!

CLICK HERE FOR INSPIRING WALKS IN OR NEAR DUBLIN, IRELAND

CLICK HERE FOR SCENES THAT CAUGHT MY EYE

MY ETSY STORE FILLED WITH HANDMADE JEWELRY, ACCESSORIES AND ORNAMENTS
(INSPIRED BY THE BEAUTY AROUND US)

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I see...knitting patterns!!!

    Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers Purls. Ooh yes, I can see them now too! I see wire work and beading in some of the photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Granada 7 years ago, would love to go again. Amazing place. You are right no words can describe beauty of this cultural heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing Anne-Marie....really nice !
    I have been there soooooo many years ago...is nice remember.
    and it is true, there is plenty of patterns...hahah

    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shots :)

    The Moors certainly knew how to get great texture intp their surroundings :)

    Totally jealous of your trip, I've only been to Benidorm back in the early '80's, lol :)

    Have a lovely day, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been in Andalusia and I recognize the magnificent style of its architecture! Thank you for posting and making me dream of it again!

    ReplyDelete