Saturday, August 31, 2013

Rathfarnham Castle, Caught My Eye #20

Caught My Eye  is a series of blog posts showing scenes I found interesting, odd, curious or beautiful. Sometimes, but not always, they generate an idea for a piece of jewellery or an ornament. I am not a photographer, so please do not expect top quality photography :-). But I invite you to enjoy a glimpse of the world through my eyes.
Rathfarnham Castle, Dublin
I visited Rathfarnham Castle in the Dublin burbs a couple of weeks ago. It was an excuse for a meet up for a crafty chat with Etsy friend, Mo of Huggleknits and an opportunity to see the wonderful historical costume and toy display (the Berkley Collection; well worth a visit if you are into the history of fashion and wonderfully creepy vintage dolls.) It was a gorgeous sunny day for sipping our coffees in the little park in the grounds. But just as I went to take photos of the building, the sun disappeared, making the castle suddenly very foreboding. Can't you just hear the horror-movie 'dun-dun-duuuuuns'?!

Hmm....perhaps I should consider Hallowe'en accessories this year.....

6 comments:

  1. I love this ,I love your posts about 'catch my eyes' is very authentic to know who inspires you ... nothing scapes your eyes ! you will not miss anything...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah wish I had a good camera..though the little Cannon Ixus isn't too bad for photographing jewelry. It's just not got the range for scenery.

      Delete
  2. Love excuses like these... park, castle, coffee, crafty friend - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realise they had displays on inside, I'll have to pop in. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup - I oved the costumes....very Cinderella... and the exhibit is free in btw

      Delete