Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A River of Guinness Perhaps? Caught My Eye 4


I'm no photographer, nor do I pretend to be. In fact, if I'm not using the macro button to shoot my jewellery and accessories up close for my Etsy store, I have to go for the Auto button and hope for the best. But I do like to take my camera when out rambling in the countryside.

Seaglass pendant shot with macro

In this section of my blog 'Caught my Eye' I like to share curious, funny or artistically appealing scenes that did just that when out and about.

Here are some pictures I took this week of a river of Guinness flowing alongside the reservoirs at Bohernabreena (or Bothernabriona) South of Dublin.
River Dodder at Bohernabreena
Ok, only joking. It's not really a river of Guinness but the river Dodder before it hits the burbs. I do believe the reddish brown colour is caused by the peaty soil of the Dublin mountains.
Lough Dan, Co Wicklow
Our famous (or infamous) bog lands lend this rich cocoa colour to many lakes and rivers in Ireland, particularly in the Dublin and Wicklow mountains and the midlands. I got this shot of the golden brown water of Lough Dan last Autumn but the intensity of the rich chestnut of the Dodder water took me by surprise.

I will be back to share photos and info on my recent hike around the reservoir as Bohernabreena. If you would like to see photos of the Irish countryside that inspires me to create click HERE



1 comment:

  1. I love Guinness..so I have to take trip to this place;)))

    ReplyDelete