Saturday, June 29, 2013

Caught My Eye 18. The Hills Have Eyes

Caught My Eye  is a series of blog posts showing scenes I found interesting, odd, curious or beautiful. I am not a photographer, so please do not expect top quality photography :-). But please enjoy a glimpse of the world through my eyes.......or in this case, perhaps someone else's.....
The Hills Have Eyes (own photo)
Who's looking at you? Seems the hills really do have eyes.  Yesterday I walked the cliff path from Greystones to Bray and took a pic of one of my favourite sights along this route, the train tunnel 'eyes' watching from below. Spooky, eh?

Greystones to Bray Cliff path view of Train Tunnels (own photo)
The outer 'eye' is the old coastline train tunnel which was in use up until a tragic accident occurred in the 19th century. A new tunnel was built after that, but you can read the story for yourself here:
photo of the sign along the route

old photo on the sign along the path
I will be back with more information and scenes from this cliff walk to add it to my blog section Inspiring Walks.


4 comments:

  1. I know that trait of coast, I like it very much, but I've never noticed the two holes looking like eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha but they saw you!!! They are more noticeable if walking from the Greystones side, the less frequently walked direction it seems.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting, never walked there, event haven't been on train there, but always wanted to take this coastal trip by train.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be doing a longer post about the walk for my Inpsiring Walks section. You know it has never ocurred to me to take a photo from the train until now....it is a really lovely trip along the coast.

      Delete