Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rainy Day, Wicklow Harbour, Caught My Eye #21

Caught My Eye  is a series of blog posts showing scenes I found interesting, odd, curious or just beautiful. Sometimes, but not always, they generate an idea for a piece of jewellery or an ornament. I am not a photographer, so please do not expect top quality photography :-). But I invite you to enjoy a glimpse of the world through my eyes.





 On one of the few rainy days we had in August, I visited Wicklow town and harbour,  30k South of County Dublin. There are lots of places to walk, along stony beaches, around the harbour or atop the cliffs. I loved the ghostly ambience surrounding the ruins of this medieval keep on a rainy day.


From this angle the ruins look to me like two heads talking. Do you see it too?

This secluded beach is covered in really pretty, marble stones, but I did not find the bounty of seaglass I'd come in hopes to find. Never mind, I came away with plenty of inspiration, which is worth all the sea glass on the Eastern Coast....almost...




6 comments:

  1. Anne Marie...I like this beach..I've been there in a very foggy day and for a moment
    it seemed to me being in the Clifts of Moher...hahaha, it's very nice indeed .
    ... it is not far away from home .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how lucky you are Marga. I would love to live in Wicklow, but especially near the coast

      Delete
  2. ..I see it! They actually look as two heads talking to each other :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok Im not the only one who sees things then :-D

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures, rainy and foggy days has their beauty too.

    ReplyDelete