Thursday, January 30, 2014

Caught my Eye in Dublinia

Caught My Eye  is a series of blog posts showing scenes I found interesting, odd, curious or beautiful. I am artistic and therefore an observer but I am not a photographer by any description. So if you expect top quality photography I'm afraid you will be disappointed.  But please do enjoy a snap shot glimpse of the world through my creative eyes. 
It's been a while since I posted anything in the 'Caught my Eye' slot. Between the busy-ness of Christmas, the cold weather and twisting my ankle a few weeks ago, I haven't taken my camera out on any walks at all lately. However, this weekend I revisited Dublinia a Viking and Medieval visitor experience that I haven't been to since 1996 or thereabouts.  Naturally, it was the medieval crafts and the market stalls that mostly caught my eye!
 
Weaving                                                            Leather work

 
       Pottery                                              gem trading

Had I lived 1000 years ago I'm sure I'd have been a silver smith or perhaps I'd have traded in exotic gemstones and trinkets. How about you? A barber-surgeon, slave trader or perhaps a warrior?




No comments:

Post a Comment